Saturday, November 04, 2017

Pretty Layered Birthday Card

YNS-76---Barb-Derksen

Inspired by this week’s Your Next Stamp Challenge #76 this card was built in my mind before I even got to my craft area.

I have this lovely paper pack “Love Story” by Kristin Cronin Barrow which I wish you could feel because besides being lovely to look at, has all sorts of fabulous textures!  I just chose two co-ordinating patterns and then did all kinds of layering up.  I started with a cream base layer on cream cardstock which I ran through my cuttlebug inside patterend embossing folder.  I die cut the two patterened layers, backing one with a complementary cardstock.  I created this tag using a Spellbinders Shapeablilties set, cutting it out of  both the patterned paper and also plain cardstock.  Of course I stamped my birthday sentiment beforehand, a Your Favorite Stamp sentiment!  Lastly I drew this rich, thick ribbon through the slots.  I helped some layers stand out with the help of foam tape.  The final touches were various glimmery shimmery sequins and jewels from Simon Says and Pretty Pink Posh.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts