Sunday, April 15, 2018

“Love Ya”–simple floral card

CTS267-Barb-Derksen

I managed to fit a card in today – between tasks – do YOU ever do this?  Or are you the type to sit down and stay put?  Is your creative time a reward for meeting goals?  Or do you have the ability to ignore everything around you and just go for it?  Well, I do a bit of both, depends on how I’m feeling.  I do like the “do and then reward” system particularly – especially when I know I have other family and folk online who are doing the same.  We can bemoan the boring tasks and celebrate the something creative we manage to slot in on the side. 

I was attracted to this week’s CAS(e) this Sketch #267

Since I struggle with “SIMPLE” I decided to simple simply by combining the strip WITH the sentiment all into one.  I hope this still makes me eligible to take part as I believe its our interpretation of the sketch more than everything having to be exactly in place.  At any rate, I truly enjoyed making this card. 

CTS267---2--Barb-Derksen

I used a square diecut from CottageCutz to frame a pretty piece of Designer Paper from a 6x6 block from “In Bloom” by My Mind’s Eye , backing it with a dark grey cardstock. I die cut the Love Ya from Lawn Fawn.  After everything was assembled on a sturdy Ninah columns cardstock I simply added some diamond accents onto the florals and sprinkled it lightly with Twinkle Dust by Clearsnap while it was still wet.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your card ...that paper is awesome...thanks for putting out the offer to do the challenge along side of you in between our chores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card... I would never have known you hadn't watercolored it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts